The lesson entitled ‘Self-Esteem’ looks at the the subject of self-image and how we view ourselves. This lesson is for Year 7 to Year 11.
- Ice Breaker/Game
- Point 1 (5 minute interactive talk): ‘You are Unique’. Looks at the way we see ourselves and talks about how everyone is one-of-a-kind and unique
- Beatbox exercise
- Point 2 (5-10 minute interactive talk): ‘What does the media say about us?’ Talks about how the media has an impact on how we view ourselves and how a lot of times that can be a negative impact
- Point 3 (5 minute interactive talk): Personal Story
- Q & A
Purpose of Lesson: Help the students realise where their worth can be found.
– Confront what society dictates about worth
– Encourage students to have a positive self image
– Discover what God thinks about us
– Evaluate how Christians find their sense of value through what the Bible says
– Participate in games and activities
– Listen and hear songs performed by the team relating to the theme
– Have opportunity to ask the team any question they may have relating to the subject of the lesson or the Christian faith